Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Sketching Up a few Ideas

Burned through several, like eight, pages, in my sketch book; also did a sketch on the Wacom.  Out of all the pages, both physical and digital, three sketch ideas have started to stick:
  • Orc Wolf Rider: Did a rough sketch late last night and wondered why I never did this before.  I always loved the Orc Wolf Rider and like to tackle this.
  • Orc ShamanMost Orcs I do are the big tough warrior type.  Thought it be fun to do an old skinny Shaman casting a very powerful spell.
  • Orc King: On his thrown; and getting angry about something.  A study in facial expressions.
The first one, Orc wolf rider riding into battle, is the one I want to do next.   I have a clear vision of what I want to do and have the rough sketch to work with.  I will refine and re-sketch more; then start painting.



Few images to inspire and reference:


Love this WoW one, its very inspirational:
















This also is great reference:















This is a great reference of a wolf in motion

No comments:

Post a Comment